Earth Day 2013 is fast approaching!! Earth Day is Monday April 22, 2013 (Also my birthday. I won’t say how old I’ll be) Will your family do something for Earth Day this year? Are you wondering what you might do to celebrate Earth Day? I have made a short list of things to do.
- Unplug! Go without TV or electronics (including cell phones!!).
- If you live close enough ride your bike on an errand that you would generally take your car.
- Use google and find a local Earth Day celebration. (Cincinnati usually has one on Fountain Square)
- Visit a local park and go on a hike or bike trail if they have one.
- Start a vegetable or fruit garden or help a neighbor with theirs.
- Do an indoor activity outdoors. Grab a book, magazine, sketch pad, or even board games, and play them outdoors while soaking up the sun.
- Learn about your local birds. Visit a library or talk to a park ranger about what birds are in your area. Then keep an eye out and identify the local birds.
Do you have other ideas for celebrating Earth Day? I would enjoy hearing your plans below in the comment section.