The spacious construction of rectangular sleeping bags is favorable for outdoor needs and campers will feel comfortable with this weather friendly sleeping bag. The rectangular sleeping bag is perfect for spring, summer and fall camping. This sleeping bag is easily rolled up for storage when the camping trip is done, or while hiking to the next place to spend the night.
Rectangular sleeping bags are:
- Compressible with synthetic or down filling
- Extra comfort & roomy
- Affordable for beginner or family style camping
This type of sleeping bag maintains the campers body temperature while also fulfilling traditional bedding needs.
Best to use when:
- Space is not at a premuim, such as camping at a state park or camp ground, or at a base camp.
- Weather is warmer. Because the rectangular sleeping bag does not fit as tight to your body as other types it will take longer to warm up.
- If you are looking for outdoor sleeping comfort along with less confinement this bag is perfect because of it’s roomy capacity. Backpackers will also find this product fit to their camping requirements.
You will probably want to avoid using this type of sleeping bag when:
- Camping in extremely low temperatures
- Space is an issue. Rectangular bags generally take up more space.
- Colder weather, generally below freezing unless something like a balaclava (or ski mask as we call them) is used. There really are no true winter bags that are rectangular.
It is recommended that all sleeping bags be spot cleaned rather than washed in a washer if possible. Spot cleaning can be done with some fabric detergent, water, and a toothbrush. This is used to clean spots off of your sleeping bag. If it’s necessary to wash the sleeping bag can be washed but it is subject to the wear and tear of the washer, and may loose fluffyness in spots. Is the bag needs washing it is best to use a non-detergent soap and air dry the sleeping bag.
The rectangular sleeping bag is good for families just getting into camping. They’re the most abuntant in the sporting goods (or Walmart) stores and usually low priced. If you have any questions about sleeping bags please feel free to ask them or add your comments below.