2010 Great American Backyard Campout is Coming Soon!

by Justin on June 16, 2010

Get your tents all waterproofed and ready! The 2010 Great American Backyard Campout is June 26, 2010. This is a great event to get the family outside, even if it is in your back yard. My son and I have participated in this for the past couple of years. It’s a relaxed way of camping. No need to worry about your pets as they are still close by. Are you going to participate? The NWF has a link to register your yard if you like. The link is above. Check out the video below from the NWF.

Kids in a tent

Kids in a tent

Shimmer Kitty June 16, 2010 at 1:03 pm

I wish I could do it, but I’m going up to a cottage that day. I guess that still counts, right? 😀

Justin June 16, 2010 at 1:07 pm

I guess that 1/2 counts 🙂

Mary Thon June 22, 2010 at 2:54 pm

I will mention 2010 Great American Backyard Campout in my Marathon guide site. We always support everything outdoors. Thanks for bringing this event to my attention.

Mark August 4, 2010 at 10:23 am

I was lucky even to experience this great event. Next time, I’m thinking about taking the kids to a real camp site where they get to experience the true nature of thel great outdoors.

Justin August 4, 2010 at 10:39 am

Glad you enjoyed it Mark. It’s a great way to start off camping just set the tent up in the yard. No reservations needed.

Robin Feltner August 26, 2010 at 7:03 am

I do like this way of camping. You can bring your nice high-thread count sheets out to the tent, and also run inside to take a “real” shower. Never thought of myself as a “camping” girl, but this…I can live with!

Justin August 26, 2010 at 8:29 am

Exactly Robin! Bathroom is close, storms move in, wild dogs attack, you’re close to home! Unless the wild dogs attack you first, then it doesn’t matter much, except for the news headline “Woman attacked 10 feet from home by wild dogs”.