Coghlan’s Cooler Light

by Justin on July 13, 2009

Have you ever been outside at night and want to grab a soft drink from the cooler? Great! Just reach in and get one. Go back and sit down next to the fire. Oh no! You grabbed a V8! (Not that V8’s are bad, you just did not want that). Now you have to go back and get your soda in the dark. Not anymore! With the Cooler Light your cooler will be lit up brightly from this single LED light. If you leave the lid open the light will turn off after 20 seconds. Put the lid down and the light immediately turns off. This light is great for camping no need to fumble with trying to find a flashlight just lift the lid.

Features/Specs:

• Shuts off after 20 seconds
  • Ultra bright focused LED light
  • Water resistant
  • MSRP $8.99
  • Also available in Canada at Canadian Tire and Wal-Mart Canada

What do you think? Have you tried Coghlan’s Cooler Light? Would you? At only a little over $8.00 at Amazon.com it’s quite a buy.

These images on flickr with creative commons licensing.

Justin July 13, 2009 at 3:18 pm

This will definitely make it easier to find what I’m looking for in the dark!

Justin July 13, 2009 at 3:20 pm

For some reason now I have that Whitesnake song in my head 🙂

Elliot July 13, 2009 at 4:38 pm

Great post Justin! I love the part about the V8! haha

Justin July 14, 2009 at 9:11 am

Soft drink, adult beverage, V8. It all depends on how you camp 🙂

Linda Pond July 14, 2009 at 11:31 am

Great posts! I just happen to be part of the mother-daughter team (I’m the mom) that
invented this great little gadget. Our ladies fastball team was tired of V8! We took
the prototype to Coghlans, and they helped our engineers from Ottawa perfect the electronics
and look and feel. Glad you guys like it! Linda Pond

Thomas August 2, 2009 at 1:20 pm

No Dude V8’s are terrible. They are an abomination to drinks in a can.

That light looks pretty cool though. Looks like it’d be great in a toolbox too, or in the trunk of my Super Beetle because it has no light in there anyway.

Good review!

Justin August 3, 2009 at 1:48 pm

It was between a V8 and a beer 🙂 I don’t keep V8’s in my cooler either. Great thoughts on using it in your toolbox! I guess pretty much anything with a lid would work for the light.

lunaticg August 7, 2009 at 9:43 am

Hi!
Cool gadget. I always going fishing at night time and this thing will be a big help to me. I can only wish I can find them in my country.
See you around.

Justin August 7, 2009 at 12:15 pm

What country are you in?

Alle August 28, 2009 at 8:23 am

I can see a lot more uses for these than just fishing coolers. I’d love to have one in my deer blinds.

Martin September 14, 2009 at 10:07 am

Neat gadget and I agree with Alle – I reckon there are a load more uses for this than just coolers. Could be pretty useful for a cupboard or two in my campervan that are a nightmare to find things in when it’s dark!

Linda Pond October 12, 2009 at 7:26 pm

Want more uses for The Cooler Light? We (the inventors) are designing the light to be used as the best Promotional Product for 2010! Light up your company’s logo! Called The F.A.B Light…. FAB stands for Find A Beer (cooler), Find A Bandana (motorcycle saddlebag), Find A Bolt (tool box), Find A Bandage (first aid kit), Find A Button (sewing box), Find A Bowl (my favourite – toilet seat), Find A Bobber (tackle box), Find A Battery (truck box)….. and on it goes. Can you think of more??

pat December 6, 2009 at 5:52 pm

Find a Baby (crib)

Linda Pond December 7, 2009 at 11:21 am

Good one, Pat! There are a few youngsters in my house who amuse themselves by the hours with the up/down and on/off action of the Cooler Light. Another unique use is as a mobile night light. I used black marker to write the kid’s names on the white cap, and they keep it beside their bed for middle of the night journeys to the toilet (Find a Bowl….). Got an elastic? Put it on your wrist and slide the Cooler Light in – a perfect hands free walking light – goes on when you raise your arm.