Most kids love camping. They get to be outdoors and run around. We go camping alot and I thought I would share some tips for camping with kid(s).
- If just one kid is coming see if their friend wants to come. Two kids are better than one and they will have someone to play with.
- They may have their own tent but chances are they will end up in your tent be sure to leave room for your midnight visitors.
- In preparation of the above happening show the kids where their area in your tent is.
- Have them bring their own flashlight, or what my son loves, his headlight to go hands free.
- If your child has a favorite toy or stuffed animal let them bring it, for bedtime only. Explain to them that you do not want the toy outside and getting dirty.
- Bring your child’s pillow. The ground is going to be hard and it will be comforting for them to have the pillow they are used to sleeping on at home.
- Bring outdoor activities such as a Frisbee, football, baseball, or any other activity that the whole family can take part in.
Another “rule” we have is no electronics. Leave the Game Boys and PSPs at home. Camping is a time to enjoy the outdoors!
I’ll keep the post to these tips for now. I’m also going to be posting about camping and cooking with kids. Suggestions as to what to bring for food to make your camping trip stress free. Oh, and do not forget about the Easy S’Mores recipe!
This makes post #100 for Great Wild Outdoors!